There are two ways you can get your Application key:
Using your account information:
- On the login screen click Get my Application key.
- This will take you to a screen to enter the email and password you use for our site to log in.
- Enter your information and then click Get Key
- This will take you back to the previous screen, but the application key will be filled in now.
Retrieving your Application key from the website:
- Go to the website
- Login and go to My Account by clicking on the Account button on the top right.
- Under your Account Information will be a section labelled Application Keys:
- Click on the button labelled New Key +
- The page should refresh and your key should now be there with a delete and copy button next to it.
Android and iOS/ipadOS versions do not have logs.
- Open a file explorer
- Enter in the url bar: %APPDATA%\OneBookShelf\DriveThruRPG
- Then hit enter.
- If that does not work the full location is: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\OneBookShelf\DriveThruRPG
- Click on Go
- Then Go to Folder and put in ~/Library/Application Support/OneBookShelf/DriveThruRPG
The log will be a text file with a name like: app-log-yyyy-mm-dd.txt
You can rename your files to anything you would like so long as you can access the file to do so. Once you have renamed the file you will need to open the Library Client and then click Check for Updates (Refresh Library for Version 2.0) to update the library information.
On Windows and macOS you can also rename your folders as well. Just remember once you are done to open the Library Client and click Check for updates (Refresh Library for Version 2.0).
Yes you can, however this currently only doable on Windows and macOS.
If you move your files to anywhere that is under the folder set in Download Directory in settings:
- Once you have finished moving your files just open the Library Client and then click on Check for Updates (Refresh Library for Version 2.0) to update the library information.
If you move your files to a new directory:
- Open the Library Client
- Go to Settings and change the Download Directory to the new directory
- Click Save Changes
- The Library Client should begin scanning the new directory and updating the library information.
Check your My Archives
- My Archives is located at the bottom of your My Library page.
- Click on the + to expand My Archives.
- If you see the missing title in your My Archives click on the arrow pointing up to unarchive the title.
- Then open the Library Client and click Check for Updates (Refresh Library for Version 2.0)
- The title should now appear in the Library Client
Check and see if the title still has a download link
- Look in your My Library for the title
- If the title does not have a download link then please contact us for further assistance.
Check and see if the title is still in your My Library
- If you can not find the title in your My Library or My Archives then please contact us for further assistance.
Place the title in your My Archives. The Library Client is designed to where it will not load titles placed in the archives.
Library Client still recognizing a file that is not there anymore.
If it is a single file:
- Attempt to open the file from the Library Client
- You should get an error and an error icon appear (retry icon will appear on title information page)
- Download the file again
If several files have been removed:
Please find the instructions for your operating system and which version of the Library Client you are using.
Sign out of the Library Client and then back in
Works on all operating systems for Version 3.0
- Go to Settings and click Sign out.
- Log back in
- Wait for the Library Client to finish retrieving your library information - this may take a few minutes for large libraries
Windows and macOS only: If you have moved files to other folders/directories that are not in your current designated folder, you will need to change the Designated Download in Settings to that location and click Check for updates for those files to be recognized again.
Manually deleting the data file
This will also work for the Version 2.0 Library Client
Windows and macOS
- Navigate to the folder containing your library data
- Windows: Open a file explorer, then in the url bar put: %APPDATA%\OneBookShelf\DriveThruRPG
- MacOS: Click on Go, then Go to Folder and put in ~/Library/Application Support/OneBookShelf/DriveThruRPG
- Find the library.dat file and then delete it
- Launch the Library Client
- The Library section will now be blank. Click on Refresh Library to reload your Library data without triggering downloads.
If you have moved files to other folders/directories that are not in your current designated folder, you will need to set the Download Directory (Output Path in Version 2.0) in Settings to that location and click Check for updates (Refresh Library in Version 2.0) to get an open button for those files again.
iOS: Sign out and back into the Library Client app.
- Log out of the Library Client
- Open Settings
- Use the search find obsapp and click on it.
- On the app info page click on storage then click clear data and clear cache (this will not remove your downloads)
- Launch the Library Client and log in